Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas! .. Sorry Robby

Merry Christmas everyone!  So to begin with I have a funny story:

A few days ago my favorite nephew Cannon was over at Marg's house (who is, in fact, his REAL aunt) and he saw a Christmas present sitting on Marg's desk and Marg explained to him that it was her present for me.  And he got very excited and wanted to hold it and carry it with him all over the house.  Well, a few minutes later Marg walked into the living room and found that he had ripped open my present and was happily sitting and looking at it.  Marg made him re-wrap it and it was basically the greatest wrapping job I have ever seen in my life, I wish I'd taken a picture.  AND she sent me this cute little video right after it happened:



In my family we have a Christmas Eve tradition of going to my grandparent's house and spending it together with them.  We usually have dinner, exchange one present from each of us, watch my grandparents open their Christmas gifts, and sing carols and talk the night away.

This year in a slight break from tradition we decided to hold Christmas Eve at William's apartment instead.  It was the fanciest Christmas Eve Dinner that I have ever had - and I would expect no less from William.  This is us sitting down to Christmas Eve dinner.














This was my Christmas Eve feast:  That is an entire roasted cornish hen on my plate - William baked one for each of us.  Every single bit of the meal was absolutely delicious, William is the best cook I know.

His entire apartment was extremely beautifully and elegantly decorated for the occasion (I wish I had taken pictures to share).  We spent an absolutely delightful evening together.  I love my family and am so grateful for them.

Merry Christmas everyone!!  I hope your day is filled with the very best things of Christmas - peace, love, and family & friends.

4 comments:

  1. I sent Hans the second picture of the family and made the comment that we each had 3 different glasses, 3 different plates, 2 forks, 2 knives, 1 spoon, personal candles, a ton of food, an individual Cornish hen per person and Baked Alaska for dessert along with spiced apple cider, hot chocolate, cookies and tons of other Christmas candy/treats. He was kind of jealous...

    ReplyDelete