Wednesday, November 14, 2012

That's So My Life

Every once in a while I have these awkward encounters that just make me giggle.  For your enjoyment, here are three little scenes from my recent life:


At a gas station, washing windows while waiting for my car to fill up.  

Random guy walks by.  

"Nice car."

"Thank you."  Continue washing windows.

Guy walks a few more steps and turns.

"And by the way you're really beautiful."

"Thank you."  Continue washing windows.

Guy walks a few more steps and turns.

"If you don't have a boyfriend then I'd be really interested."

"I do, but thank you."  Finish washing windows and retreat inside car.  



At a Walmart buying medicine because I had an awful cold.  Stop at a movie bin to find a movie so that I can veg out for the rest of the day.  

Holding two movies, trying to decide between them.  

Suddenly, random guy next to me says, "Hey I'll buy both of those for you if you'll go on a date with me tonight."  

Stare.  Head about to implode from the cold.  Blink blink.  "Sorry, what?"

Guy grins. "I don't usually do stuff like this, but I'm really in the mood for some good company tonight and I'd love to take you to dinner."

Me:  [stumblingly] "Oh.  I'm so sorry.  I actually have this really bad cold and I just stopped by to get some medicine.  And a movie.  And now I'm going home to veg for the rest of the day."

"Oh, okay.  Well if you change your mind I'll be over in the Home Improvement section."

Starts to walk away.  Turns back.

"I really will buy those for you."

"Um, I'm fine.  Thanks though."   




Today.

Driving home from work.  Singing along to the radio.  Life is pretty marvelous.

Car pulls up beside me and guy in passenger seat grins and waves.

Smile and wave back.  

Guy blows kiss.

Smile and pretend to catch it.

Guy mouths question.

Do you have a boyfriend?  

Pretend not to understand.

Light up ahead turns red.

Begin to brake.  

Guy starts rolling down window.  

Oh poop.  

Smoothly transition into turn lane.

Don't look back. 



It's too bad I don't have an affinity for guys who pick up girls at gas stations, grocery stores, on the street . . . I'm sure I've missed out on some wondrous opportunities  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Rob. Studmuffin is completely right. And I have nothing left to say here.

    ReplyDelete