Monday, November 19, 2012

Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone

As the Thanksgiving season approaches I thought it would be appropriate to take a minute and express gratitude for just a few of the many wonderful blessings I have in my life.  I'm so thankful for:  

  • My incredible family.  I love every single one of them and each of them has unique traits that I look up to them for.  My siblings and parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents are AWESOME!  I'm so grateful for the opportunities we have to do things together and I'm so grateful for their support.
  • Fun-loving and supportive friends who keep my life entertaining.  I love each and every one of you and I'm grateful for the part you play in my life.  So many of you have been and continue to be good examples to me throughout my life. 
  • The opportunity to pursue an education, and the guidance to find a career which I'm passionate about.
  • A job which I enjoy doing, and coworkers which I genuinely love being around.  Last week I was honored to receive the Employee of the Quarter Award and as I looked around the room at all my coworkers I was almost overwhelmed by their excitement and happiness for me.  I work with the best people.
  • The opportunity to date wonderful young men so that one day I can enter the temple to join in an eternal marriage, confident in my choice.
  • The gospel and all that it encompasses.  My Savior and His ultimate sacrifice.  My Heavenly Father and the ability I have to pray to him each day.  The opportunity to gain skills and experiences by serving in the church.  The opportunity to live and grow and make choices (and repent) and learn some more.
  • This awesome country that we live in, with all of its freedoms.
  • The opportunity to see so many close friends (and most especially my best friend) find an eternal companion who makes them so happy.     


God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say "thank you?"  ~William A. Ward

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love you, Rob. Thanks for being such a kind and wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete