Sunday, November 14, 2010

Let's be friends . . .

Recently I've made some new friends. I really like these friends and I look forward to the time we spend together every day. They have brightened my life ever since that first awkward moment when I reached out to them and tried to jump into the middle of their lives. I understand them a lot better now, though I still don't approve of all the decisions they make.



My group of new friends sure seem to make a lot of decisions which complicate their lives. For instance, in the last week alone: one of them rashly got married after his father died and then cheated on his wife with his best friend (oops a daisy), one of them became severely depressed and almost drowned but luckily was rescued and made a miraculous recovery, one of them got engaged and is now going through with a wedding she's secretly dreading, and one of them is slowly falling madly in love with a woman who has had a bad accident and now doesn't even remember her own name. And this is only the beginning - the relationships between all of these people are so complicated and intertwined that it's anyone's guess what will happen next, or who will fall in love with whom next.




Unfortunately, I may never find out either. Alas, my roommates and I have now finished Season 3 of Grey's Anatomy and have been unable to find someone we could borrow Season 4 from, so we may never find out how everyone's lives resolve. Farewell, my dear friends! It was a pleasure to get to know you, even for such a short time. I have laughed with you, cried with you (mostly when you made foolish decisions), rejoiced in your achievements, and been disappointed with you when the women (and men) you love have rejected you and the people you love the most have died. You made me appreciate my own uncomplicated life so much more. I will never forget the life lessons you have taught me, or the tender moments we have shared together during the past two weeks. I miss you already.




No comments:

Post a Comment