Monday, November 8, 2010

Great Halloween Costumes . . . Past and Present

Today as I was attempting to do my math homework, the screensaver on my computer kicked in and started playing a slideshow of my pictures. And since my math homework wasn't particularly enthralling, I let myself get quite distracted laughing at the funny pictures I've collected over the years. In particular, there were several pictures that came up of past halloweens that made me giggle and so I decided to commemorate this blog post to halloween costumes past and present.


This year my roommates and I decided to be creepy clowns for Halloween. All except our roommate Carli, who decided to be . . . our ringmaster??


You know how most girls use Halloween as an excuse to go around in public wearing outfits that should really only be seen on your wedding night? Yeah, not me and my roommates - we prefer to dress up as diseases. Please meet Leprocy, Spanish Influenza, Black Plague, and Jaundice.


And then, of course, there was the year that my roommate and I dressed up as trains. We had to go to a stake halloween dance and we had the brilliant idea that if we dressed as trains with giant BOXES around us we wouldn't have to dance with anyone. No such luck, though - some boy asked me to dance anyway. He learned his lesson when he tried to spin me and got whacked with the back end of my train engine, however.


This one is one of my favorites. Any guesses on what my little sister and I are being? Yeah, that's right - we're Little Red Riding Hoods. My mother is so clever.


Let's not forget the year I was a crayon . . .


And, of course, the year I was a mouse and my brother William was a leopard. That scary creature lurking in the background is my father. Classic.

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite blog posts of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be a crayon more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay yay yay i'm in your blog! I think red riding hood is my favorite. You're adorable as a small red person. and as a normal person...

    ReplyDelete