Monday, April 8, 2013

YES!!

Or, in other words, the short and illustrated story of how Marc and I took a giant leap toward the land of marriagedom.


On Saturday, Marc and I decided to take a hike up to Grandeur Peak.  We listened to General Conference all the way up and stopped to take pictures and generally had a good time.


We had gone ring shopping several weeks earlier, but had only decided on a ring on Wednesday, and I thought it would take a while to actually get the ring.  Plus, Marc had told me that he was going to fake me out at every possible opportunity before he actually proposed.  So in sum:  I truly did not think he was going to propose that day - in fact, I bullied him about it several times on the way up.

We finally reached the top of the snow-covered peak, and I teased, "Aw, too bad there's another guy coming up the trail behind us - guess you can't propose today after all."

"Yep, guess I can't propose today.  Hey, want to take a picture of us at the top?"  And Marc set up his little tripod and we posed for the picture.

Or so I thought . . .



My very romantic reaction as he took out the ring and was preparing to get down on one knee in the snow was, "Are you punking me?"  I truly thought that he was teasing me, and that he'd even gone to all the effort of getting a ring box.  It was not until he opened it that I knew he was serious.

I said yes.


"True love isn't easy, but it must be fought for.  Because once you find it, it can never be replaced."

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! Yay Robyn! I'm so happy for you! When is the big day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot!! That's super cute. Love the ring, fits you well. So so so happy for you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am usually very anti watching engagements but this was thoroughly enjoyable! Your reaction was epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this. You're just the best, Rob. I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! It made me so happy to see this and remember you guys playing frisbee together. The future is always bright to those who wait! It's those ultimate frisbee boys who snatch you up, it happened to me too. It also made me happy to see that you got engaged on a mountain top. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special video for you guys to have. You seem so happy and I'm glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That video is so cute! I had a big smile on my face the whole time I was watching it! I think a lot of guys play the trick of telling you that it will take a while to get the ring when they already have it. Tyler did that. I love your quote that true love must be fought for. Sometimes it's a scary step, but when you find it, it can never be replaced. Congrats! Marriage is THE BEST! I'm SO excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete