Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cross that one off my bucket list . . .

There's an awesome underwater cave up in Logan, Utah called Ricks Spring.


That dark blue patch in the spring above is the entrance to the underwater cave, which has been explored up to 2200 feet down and contains incredible stalagmites and even an underground waterfall. 

Since I first learned of the cave's existence a few years ago, it has been on my bucket list to explore that cave.  And I can now say that I am crossing that one off my bucket list.

Not because I actually explored it though.  Nope - rather, it's because I found this video a couple of divers made as they were exploring it.  I got about five minutes into it when I became aware of a strange thing happening - I suddenly and inexplicably felt sick to my stomach and very claustrophobic.  It took me a minute to realize it because the sensations were not ones that I am very familiar with, but then it hit me that the physical queasiness and shakiness I was feeling were a direct result of one emotion:  fear.   

I know that I seem utterly fearless and adventurous most of the time.  I certainly have never been afraid of caves before.  But apparently underwater caves scare me to death - who knew?  Guess I'll be crossing that one off the bucket list for good . . . 

But for any of you that are braver than I am, here's the video that had such a dramatic impact on me.


Is it just me?  Did anyone else get all nervous watching this?

No comments:

Post a Comment