Wednesday, September 5, 2012

On my way to FHE on Monday . . .

My car was hijacked by two drunk people.  I'm not kidding.  I was peacefully driving to FHE, about to turn out of my neighborhood, when I noticed this poly guy and girl on the sidewalk walking towards me and the guy started gesturing frantically at me, flagging me over.  Thinking it was an emergency, I naturally pulled over and automatically rolled down the window to inquire what was wrong.

To my astonishment, the guy said, "Hey can you drive us home?  We just live a couple blocks from here and we've had a little too much to drink."  And before you could say "It is NOT a good idea to let strangers into your car", they had hopped into my car and were thanking me profusely.  (For the record, I HAD the doors locked, but I had rolled down the window too far and the guy wasted no time unlocking the door and hopping right on in.)

At this point, what could I do?  They were already in my car, telling me at least twenty times that they were Tongan, not Samoan, and asking me over and over if I was LDS.  So I drove them literally two blocks back into my neighborhood to their house and they got out of my car (kindly offering me a cigarette as a token of their gratitude), and I continued on my way to FHE . . . with all the windows rolled down because my car smelled like a brewery.


Do things like this happen to anyone else??

P.S. Note to self:  It's probably not a good idea to roll windows down very far when pulling over to see if people need help . . .
 

3 comments:

  1. Robyn!!!! What the-I can't believe you pulled over and rolled your window down. Didn't I ever tell you that story about the lady who got pulled out of her window when it was only open about 6 inches? The saying's true ya know--give an inch they'll take a mile. (Okay, I don't really know if that's exactly how the saying goes...still.) You are crazy and I'm glad you're still alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did NOT tell me the story - perhaps if you had I wouldn't have been so foolishly trusting . . .

      Delete
  2. I like that they couldn't walk two blocks. Silly drunk people.

    ReplyDelete