Monday, August 20, 2018

Mommy, can I marry you?

The past week was not a terribly exciting one for us, but I do have two funny stories to share.  Last week I was driving home with Aubrey and Ella and Piano Guys' version of "A Thousand Years" came on.  I turned it up, explaining to the girls that it was one of my favorite songs and that Daddy and I had danced to it when we got married.  Aubrey was very interested.  She started asking all sorts of questions, so I explained to her all about marriage.  I thought I had done a pretty good job of explaining, but when I was finished, she asked, "Mommy, when we get home can Mommy and Aubrey dance to this song and get married?"  Hmmm ... so I explained some more about marriage and told her it's something she could do when she was much, much bigger.  She said, "Okay Mommy.  Good thing me eats so I will be big someday.  Me eat lots so I can be very big and get married."

A few days later, Marc was helping Ella say a dinner prayer.  He prompted, "Please bless the food."  Ella looked over at the food and and said, "It's broccoli."  She was clearly displeased.  Marc tried to continue the prayer, but all she would say after that was, "It's broccoli."  Clearly, broccoli does not deserve to be blessed. 

Ah, I love these cute, funny girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment