Tuesday, March 12, 2013

This time I've been pondering the mysteries of the universe

Last night I had an amazing spiritual experience.

Background:  Last Saturday I went through the temple for the first time to receive my endowment.  The temple is an amazing place and the experience I had there was definitely a positive one.  However, as I've been pondering over everything the last few days since then I kept feeling a sense of . . . well, disappointment, because I'd been hoping to gain more insights and personal revelation in the temple, yet I found that I had even more questions than answers after going through the first time.

However, last night I had an incredible dream, or rather, series of dreams.  I went to bed around midnight and I had a dream about the temple.  In the dream my eyes were opened and I received answers to many of my questions.  I woke up at the end of the dream and my mind was extremely clear and sharp.  I remember just pondering, taking it all in for several minutes, feeling overwhelmingly excited and joyful.  I fell back asleep and again, I dreamed of the temple and this time my eyes were opened further and I received more light and understanding.  Again I awoke at the end of the dream and simply pondered everything for several minutes, taking it all in and reveling in the knowledge.  Several more times I fell back asleep and received greater understanding and woke up and processed it before falling back asleep again.  The last time I woke up (early this morning)  my mind was completely and utterly at peace (something that maybe has never happened before in my life since I am ALWAYS pondering something) - all the mysteries of the universe had been revealed to me and I understood everything perfectly.  I was filled with utter joy and wonder and excitement over all my knowledge.  I fell easily back to sleep one last time, utterly content and filled with peace.

I don't remember what I dreamed about that last time, or if I even dreamed.  When my alarm went off and I awoke this morning I could no longer remember any of the details of any of the dreams.  However, I remember very distinctly waking up each time and the feelings that I had as I pondered the mysteries that were revealed - and that is enough for me.  I don't think I was meant to remember any of the details or mysteries of the universe . . . yet.  But I am content, simply knowing that they do exist, that they are at once complex and simple and logical and beautiful, and that one day I will once again know them.

2 comments:

  1. Robyn, that is incredible. How fortunate that you could have such a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Robyn! That is amazing. The temple is an incredible place.

    ReplyDelete