Friday, January 18, 2013

Patience, patience, patience


First off, I woke up this morning with this song in my head and I really like it.  Please enjoy while you read the rest of the post . . .

Breathe Again by Sara Bareilles on Grooveshark

Okay, now down to business.  With the beginning of a new year I decided to start a new scripture study plan, where I focus on a different study material each day of the week (for example, Tues = Preach My Gospel, Wed = D&C, Thurs = Conference Talks, etc).  Friday is the day that I choose a specific topic and study it in depth.  I've decided that each week I'll select a different topic and create a "Mindmap" for that topic as I study it, so that theoretically by the end of the year I'll have a guide for a total of 52 different topics. Think of all the talk potential!  (Not that I'm wanting to give a talk, especially not 52 times ha ha).

I only just came up with the idea of creating a "Mindmap" each week so tonight I did my very first one, and it was so fun to make and much more enlightening than traditional scripture study that I thought I'd share the idea here in case anyone else was looking for a way to spice up their scripture study too.  Below is the one I created tonight - basically you just start with the main topic/idea and then as you study everything you can about it you create a free-flow "spiderweb" linking all the different ideas that you find together.  Pretty awesome, right? 

 

3 comments:

  1. Robyn, I think I'm going to try this mind map thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, and quite aesthetically pleasing if I might add... Thanks Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic song, Rob. Dan Brown suggested it for a cabaret for me a couple years ago but I never actually used it at that time. Just curious, was there anything that sparked your "Mindmap" topic? ;)

    ReplyDelete